A problem continues to arise on my custom desktop system. There are plenty of threads around the net discussing this with many possible answers, but most don't fully describe the nature of the problem that I'm having or only solve the problem temporarily, so I'm hoping for a bit of advice.
- After signing onto my windows 10 account, the right-click menus don't work on the bottom task bar at all, and the "window" menu button in the bottom left corner doesn't work at all, not even left clicking. there are a variety of other little glitches with various browsers as well.
- After using ctrl-alt-delete and clicking through that to shut down or sign out, the "task host is stopping background task" message pops up and prevents shut down. It looks like this although in English this image is not from my computer.
- After clicking to sign out anyway, I can then open another account on my computer and log back out normally. Then, upon signing back into my account, my account works fine, too.
- Everything will be fine for a day or so, then the problem reoccurs. I'd like to solve it rather than having to play the "sign in and out through another account" game every few days.
- The problem does not occur in safe-mode
Suggestions? Thank you for your time,
Edited by vespid, 25 December 2017 - 01:33 PM.