Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Configuring VM Roles for High Availability

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jakestealth22

Jakestealth22

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:46 PM

I've recently created a failover cluster network in a VMWare Workstation 14 environment. It consists of 1 storage server and 2 cluster nodes. All 3 of them running Windows Server 2016 Standard and joined to the same domain. In the Failover Cluster Manager, I went to Roles > configure role > selected the virtual machine role > selected the VM I wanted to be highly available > clicked next and made it highly available. Everything works fine with that VM. The problem I am having is when I go to make another VM highly available, I do the exact same process again, selected the VM role again, but that 2nd VM I add shows up under the same role as the 1st VM I made highly available. Why does it keep doing this?? I don’t want both VMs under the same role. I want each machine to be in a separate VM role so that they can failover separately. I’ve spent HOURS trying to figure this out. I’ve watched videos on YouTube and they seem to be able to do it just fine. I’ve also been able to do this in the past but just can’t figure out what I am doing wrong. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jakestealth22

Jakestealth22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

Update:

I went into the Failover Cluster Manager and created the CSV (cluster share volume). Then, I moved the VMs over to it and it worked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users