Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help Please, Black screen games only New System

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 acestu

acestu

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

Hi,

I wonder if there are any experienced pc engineers out there that could help me please.

Basically my pc gave up the ghost so I built another, I have used a Gigabyte Z170K3 rev 1.1 Motherboard, an intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz processor, an 8 Gb stick of Ballistix DDR4 3600 ram, and an AMD ATI Radeon HD 7670 4GB DDR5 128Bit PCI-Express video card.

I am using an Acer 3D monitor.

The operating system is Windows 10 pro 64bit.

Now the graphics drivers are loaded and I have no problem with Blender 3d graphics and most apps, however if I run Uplay and attempt to play any games as soon as the game starts I get a black screen and most times I can't even ctrl alt del to get out of it, if I can start Task manager it says that the game is running. I have also noticed that the warning screen before the game shows perfectly well in the new assasins creed game, and Tom Clanceys The Division I can see the warning screen and the short video of a scientist with a test tube but as soon as the game starts its a black screen.

Is there some sort of video diagnostic software that I can run to see what is goin on ?

any info appreciated

Thanks In Advance

Stuart

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

Try games without Uplay and see what happens.

#3 acestu

acestu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Hi DM,

Yes I have already tried this still the same, I am doing some research online and I think it may have something to do with needing to overclock the video card to match the 3600 cpu memory, still looking though

Stuart

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

Video card overclocking should and main memory attached to CPU have no connection so that doesn't help.

I assume you already have latest drivers and have updated DirectX, Visual basic runtimes etc as well?

And your PSU is?

Edited by Drillingmachine, 23 December 2017 - 12:16 PM.

#5 acestu

acestu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

Hi DM,

Yes ran Directx diagnostics and no problems, C++ red 2008 and 2010 64bit installed and I have a brand new 750 watt psu

thanks

Stuart

#6 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

PSU manufacturer and model?

Since your CPU has integrated graphics, try with that. Games should at least start.

#7 acestu

acestu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

Hi DM,

I have just taken out the video card and plugged the monitor into the onboard graphics, after doing the Heaven Benchmark it gave me 12FPS, I tried all three games that I have, and they played all be it a little jerky, so I can't see any point in trying to get this cheap card working as it only gave the same performance in the Heaven Benchmark, I suppose I would be better purchasing an intermediate video card, any suggestions ?

thanks

Stuart

#8 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

I assume your monitor is FHD 60 Hz. I need monitor exact model to be sure.

If I guessed right, something like RX560 sounds OK as video card prices are very high right now.

#9 acestu

acestu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

Hi DM,

My monitor is a 3D Acer GR235H, Is there a place to buy the cards cheaper or are they all sort of the same price ?

thanks

Stuart

#10 acestu

acestu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Hi DM,

I have just been looking at cards and the GTX970 looks like a good one for my system, what do you think ?

thanks

Stuart

#11 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,442 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 05:59 AM

GTX970 is OK if price is low enough. Beware not to pay too much for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users