Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy from a frustrated, retired computer tech

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zookeep44

zookeep44

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:46 AM

My name is Linda an I moved from employed to disabled about 5 years ago.  Nothing worse than someone who instructs others on how to fix computer issues only to find that technology has moved on without me  :nono:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

Welcome to BC !

Don't worry too much abou being a bit behind the times, very few of us are at the cutting edge !  Believe it or not there are devotees of Win 95 and DOS on BC as well as even older OS !

Chris Cosgrove

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

I spend some spare time at the local community college and you wouldn't believe the rigs these kids are building.  I got caught up real quick.  It is easier with google to inquire on specific chips and processors.  Each individual manufacturer likes to do certain things their own way but the off the shelf gear is the same pieces but they go faster and are losing chip counts on the main boards as more and more control is done internal to the processor and fewer external chips are needed.  Some nifty parallel processor setups are going back to the the old backplane architecture but with fiber optic for any external inputs or outputs.  Fans are cool but water and oil cooled heatsinks  work better but can yield a bigger mess when things go wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users