Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black Screen -- Computer won't boot

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _json787

_json787

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

This is a weird reoccuring event that happens to my computer. It sometimes would only show a black screen even though the computer itself is on. This doesn't happen everytime I turn on the computer. It will sometimes fix itself and boots normally. Sometimes it will show the ASUS logo and allow me to enter the BIOS, but won't allow me to enter Windows since it will just show a black screen afterwards. Sometimes it won't show anything at all, just a black screen. I usually wait for a few hours and turn it on again and sometimes it will fix itself again. Hardware error, perhaps?

My PC is an ASUS CM6830 Desktop.
I5-3570.
Nvidia GT620.
I added its RAM to 8GB.
I am currently running Windows 10 64-bit.

Sorry if the information isn't detailed enough.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kemikal

kemikal

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:47 AM

I won't claim to be an expert, but that sounds like your screen is going out. You could check to see if your software is all up to date. Drivers up to date etc. Could even turn down brightness, see if that helps, then lower resolution if it didn't. That might work. Or, I could be way off. First thing I would check is your video card though. It should have a program, make sure everything is up to date their directly.

#3 _json787

_json787
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

The screen itself seems to be alright. It just shows the message VGA NO SIGNAL. This has been going on for a long time even with driver updates and changes. Thanks for the help!

#4 kemikal

kemikal

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:04 AM

that sounds like video card problem (guessing), (vga no signal) sounds like a driver problem to me. Good luck.

#5 _json787

_json787
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 04:18 AM

This is interesting. I am able to get into safe mode through Windows Diagnostic Repair, but when I restart without safe mode it will show a black screen. I can't even get into the BIOS... and now I can't get into safe mode at all. I agree with you that my GPU is having problems, but now the problem is "how to fix it?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users