Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Stop Windows 10 'Getting Ready' Bug

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Crappy

Crappy

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:29 PM

Edit: Before trying this, try dc3's method first, Shown in the reply below.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It seems like quite a few people have had this problem too with Windows 10. The bug displays 'Getting Windows Ready' And seems to be 'Stuck' I can promise you, it will load eventually but may take a bit of time Depending on your computer's speed. I had to wait anywhere from 30mins to an hr for my computer to boot. Every time I rebooted or turned it off and on I had to wait, which got very frustrating.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's How To Fix It:

maxresdefault.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Download Rkiller:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/

Download Tweaking's Windows Repair Tool.

http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Run Rkiller as Admin. Allow it to run all of its scans etc. Once Rkiller says it has finished exit the program. (We need to run Rkiller to stop any conflicting services or programs, to stop any conflict in the next step)

• Run the Windows_repair_all_in_one file. Once it load navigate to -> Repairs - Main -> Open Repairs:

Capture1.png

• Check the 'All Repairs' Box. (Check twice to select all)

Capture2.png

Almost done!

• Let the program finish. Once finished, restart your PC into safe mode. The 'Getting Windows Ready' Message might pop up again. Allow it to spin, after 30 to 1 hour depending on how fast your PC is, you will be able to login.

• Login, wait for everything to load (Icons etc)

• Restart (VERY Important to restart, do not shutdown, it must be restart)

• Once your PC has restarted, you might have noticed it restarted into the normal Windows Boot, rather than Safe Mode. That's fine, and correct. Now, do not worry, this is the last time you will see the message. Allow the 'Getting Windows Ready' message to run once again, for however long it takes your PC get ready.

• Once you see you sign in screen, sign in, then run a full shut down.

Done! You should not see the message anymore (Unless there's a real update)

Edited by Crappy, 23 December 2017 - 03:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crappy

Crappy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:44 PM

There may be an easier way found by: User dc3 (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/u/13532/dc3/)

I was able to resolve the Getting ready to start message by running the following command in the Command Prompt as an Administrator.

dism.exe /image:c:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

I had run this to resolve the issue I had with running the sfc /scannow, but it seems to have taken care of both problems.  What can I say, even a blind hog finds the occasional acorn.

If this does not work, continue with the tutorial written above.

Edited by Crappy, 23 December 2017 - 03:49 PM.

#3 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:19 AM

Hi Crappy,

As an addon to your post #2, the link takes us to the profile of dc3. As it's always fun to follow an entire thread when a particular post is quoted, so to understand where the information is derived from, here is the actual link to the post of dc3: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/665791/please-help-getting-windows-ready/?p=4406993 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users