Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C Drive Keeps getting filled by a 50gb file?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Crappy

Crappy

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 08:48 PM

Hi all, I keep getting a 'Memory Low' Notification from windows. CCleaner also tells me that the memory is low and to clean. CCleaner and windows see 50gb's worth of files, but I can't locate them.The  memory is restored once I restart the PC, but shortly whatever's filling up the memory comes back and fills it up again. Any idea's?
other_files.png
https://ibb.co/dyQ4x6

I also ran Rkiller to see if it could find anything, and it found one error:

1 service stopped!

Checking for processes to terminate:

* Your %Temp% folder is set to C:\WINDOWS\TEMP, which can be dangerous. Skipping termination for this folder.
 * C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSIService.exe (PID: 3044) [WD-HEUR]

Edited by Crappy, 22 December 2017 - 10:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crappy

Crappy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

Still need some advice with this if anyone has an idea on what's going on.

#3 Crappy

Crappy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

I found the problem. Looks like I was infected with a rat that Malwarebytes and AVG could not detect. I found a 'Client.exe' in my start up folder. After resetting the files permissions and deleting it I do not seem to be getting the issues anymore :)

Edited by Crappy, 23 December 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#4 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,098 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:27 PM

I think it would be worth your while to start a topic in the 'Am I infected' section just to make sure that your system is now clean.

Chris Cosgrove

#5 Crappy

Crappy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2017 - 06:25 PM

I think it would be worth your while to start a topic in the 'Am I infected' section just to make sure that your system is now clean.

Chris Cosgrove

Thanks Chris. I see your concern, I did scan with Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, as well as the Bitdefender's Rescue Cd. All came out clean (other than some cookies in Superantispyware) So I feel fairly safe that I am clean. :)

Edited by Crappy, 23 December 2017 - 06:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users