Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove BING from my computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rory1933

Rory1933

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 PM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

Hello Everybody

I'm new to BC -  an hour or two - and finding it very difficult to find my way around.  Hence, I might be in the wrong place to ask these questions.  If I am, I'd be grateful if some kind person would guide me.

My first problem is that the "Bing Thing" has infested my computer and causing me a great deal of trouble.  I'm being caused further trouble by the "Not Responding" invader.  Can the same kind person I've referred to in the second line above,  please tell me how to remove these two problems?

Yours faithfully

Rory 1933

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

Hello and welcome to this wonderful forum. What are you talking about in regards to Bing? Bing is merely a search engine, nothing else. It is similar in existence and essence to Google and DuckDuckGo and Yahoo. There is nothing more to it except that it is a search engine. Bing is not a browser.

If you feel that you are infected there is a wonderful area here at Bleeping Computer called "Am I Infected?" You can post there and get help but be prepared to answer a lot of questions.

It would be nice to know what you are talking about when you refer to Bing. Can you elaborate? What OS are you running? How long have you been running this OS? How did you install your OS? Do you use Bing? Do you use Cortana? Do you use Edge?

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 22 December 2017 - 07:24 PM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#3 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,626 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:44 AM

To the OP, Hello. Do you know the difference between a search engine and a browser? What search engine do you prefer and what browser do you prefer? The folks here can help you to install a new search engine and browser if you tell us what you prefer. Tell us what is going on when you click on the icon for your favorite browser.

Edited by Rocky Bennett, 23 December 2017 - 07:44 AM.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users