Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ipod To Rio Player Switch

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mpetrodoc

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 26 September 2006 - 11:09 PM

I just got a 6 gig Rio MP3 player to replace my sucky :thumbsup: IPOD Mini (which after full charge only plays for about i-2 hrs).
My question is ; How do I transfer all the music I have on the IPOD to the new Rio player?
Can any one provide me with a step by step guide?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:13 AM

Hi mpetrodoc.
You'll need to transfer the tunes from your iPOD to your computer, then from your computer to the Rio.
The Rio will not copy directly from cd either.
The below faq is from the Rio site:

Document 42461

Q: How do I Transfer or Copy songs/music to my Rio?

Before copying songs to your Rio, you must first copy songs from your CDs to your computer. You cannot copy music directly to the Rio from your CDs. Audible users must use the Audible manager to copy Audible files to the Rio.

Transferring or Copying Music to the Rio using Rio Music Manager

Open Rio Music Manager.
Click on the My Music icon in the Device list and select some music.
Choose content from any of the sorting methods (Artists, Albums, Genres, Songs, and Playlists). To select multiple tracks, hold down the CTRL button and left click the desired tracks.
Press the Green Arrow to start transferring.
Available and Used space on the portable is shown at the bottom part of the screen. Solid black indicates space currently used on the portable, red checkered coloring indicates space that the currently selected tracks will use. Notice that as you select content, the bar grows. A solid red bar indicates that there is not enough room on the player for the selected content.

Transferring or Copying Music to the Rio directly

Open the folder on your computer containing Music files.
Select Music that you want to copy.
Right-Click on a selected file and choose COPY.
Open My Computer.
Open your Rio's drive letter.
Right-Click and choose PASTE.

#3 mpetrodoc

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:40 AM

How do I get the music from the IPOD into my computer?
Whe I plug it in, I get a popup saying "The IPOD "Mark's Ipod"is linked to another iTunes music library Do you want to change the link to this iTunes music library and replace all existing songs and playlists on this iPod with those from this library". If I cancel out of this, my music files appear but are greyed out and cannot be played or otherwise accessed.
My girlfriend has all her music on iTunes in the computer for her player. I don't want to replace any of her music (I like my life :thumbsup: ), or replace the songs I have on my player with her music.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users