Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with wireless adapter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 problematic123

problematic123

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 PM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:45 AM

Hi guys,

Recently, when I power on my laptop, I was unable to connect to my wifi, but able to detect other wifis. I then tried to troubleshoot it.
After that, it shows 'fixed'(pic5).
However, when try to connect to wifi again it shows this(pic6)no connections are avail
I then went online and tried to go to device manager to reinstall my wifi drivers, and then this came out when I tried to connect to the internet(pic7)also no connections are avail.
I then restart my computer and it works as normal, able to connect to my internet.

From that day onwards, I have to do this steps every day in order for my wifi to work

Is there any way to fix this permanently, cos I find this very annoying, have to do all this before I can connect to the internet.
I doubt it's my router problem and it is my computer problem as other computers and phones has no problems connecting to my wifi

System specs:

System Manufacturer/Model Number Asus P46CB (K46CB) 
OS Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 
CPU Intel Core i5 3337U 
Memory 8gb 800mhz 
Graphics Card Nvidia GeForce GT 740M 2047MB 
Hard Drives:465GB TOSHIBA MQ01ABF050 ATA Device (SATA), 22GB SanDisk SSD U100 24GB ATA Device (SSD)
Thanks,
-problematic

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:08 AM

Try disabling wireless card power saving mode!

Device manager > expand network adapters > select your wireless card then right click, select properties > power management tab, then uncheck the box 'allow computer to turn off this device to save power' 

Rep

#3 problematic123

problematic123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:17 AM

hi,

Just disabled it.

I will update you in a few days and see if the problem is fix. Thanks!

-problematic

#4 problematic123

problematic123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:05 PM

hi,

bad news, the problem still dosnt fix , few days later the problem comes back
please advise on what I should do, thanks