Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chapter Cloud Virus Scanner

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 AntiRansomware

AntiRansomware

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:24 AM

Nowadays, various types of malicious software are widely distributed: Trojans, Ransomware, Adware, Spyware, joke programs, miners and toolbars that interfere with the stable operation of the system. Chapter Cloud Virus Scan is an easy to use utility that will help you get rid of all of the above.

In order to work effectively at the computer, and at the same time keep confidentiality to the fullest, you should be protected from network attacks, viruses and phishing. Currently, there is a large selection of anti-virus software: Avast, Avira, Kaspersky, Dr Web, etc. However, any antivirus program can be wrong, because hackers always go one step ahead of the labs. When one application can detect a threat by signatures, the other, without an appropriate entry, will not delete the virus without using heuristic technologies.

Now the problem of signature detection is solved. Chapter Cloud Virus Scanner is a useful utility that does not require installation, which will perform a quick scan of your system and will analyze all unknown files in the cloud - Chapter Cloud. We use five powerful servers that are based on Microsoft Windows 2016 Server, so the test will not take long.

Threats are searched using the following algorithm:

- Searching for executable files in Windows directories, System32 and Wbem

- Checksums of objects are checked against the whitelist, after which the original secure system files are eliminated

- A list of unknown files is compiled, after which the data is packaged and sent over a secure connection to the cloud for verification

- The file is scanned by 28 anti-virus engines, after which it is already possible to make a verdict about the degree of trust in a particular program

- Using the Chapter Hips system, the files pass a test using Sandbox™ technologies, launching in a virtual environment at our stations for in-depth analysis

All this is provided free of charge. When the operating system checks come to an end, you will receive a report on the work performed and the ability to delete the detected malicious and potentially unwanted applications (if any).

System requirements: Windows 7 (Seven), Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server Standard/Enterprise 2008 R2, Windows Small Business Server (Essentials/Standard) 2011, Windows MultiPoint Server 2011, Windows Standard R2/Foundation Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016 Essentials/Standard (x32/x64 bit)

Malware Signatures

==============

Spoiler

Official Website: http://ch-av.info/ or https://www.kuranin.org/chapter.html

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AntiRansomware

AntiRansomware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Chapter-Cloud-Virus-Scan.shtml

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

While I have not had time to test this program, I do have some concerns.

First, the executable is not digitally signed. In my opinion, security programs should be digitally signed so that users can know who the creator is.

Second, Dr.Web detects it as a backdoor.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/02711fa0840854f5e7ec9620d2ee2920d9dc9a7e6fbabe889f263decefec0d54/detection

I will test it next week.

#4 AntiRansomware

AntiRansomware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:21 AM

While I have not had time to test this program, I do have some concerns.

First, the executable is not digitally signed. In my opinion, security programs should be digitally signed so that users can know who the creator is.

Second, Dr.Web detects it as a backdoor.

https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/02711fa0840854f5e7ec9620d2ee2920d9dc9a7e6fbabe889f263decefec0d54/detection

Hello.

Unfortunately, with version updates there are false positives, I try to fight them in time...

The response came, DrWeb added the program to the whitelist:

45261574a4db5c363ce8b25081769a63.png

Edited by AntiRansomware, 29 December 2017 - 11:24 AM.

#5 AntiRansomware

AntiRansomware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:45 PM

Hello.

You said that you will test the program. I would like to know the results of the audit, if possible.

#6 AntiRansomware

AntiRansomware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:01 AM

#7 AntiRansomware

AntiRansomware
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

A new version of Chapter Cloud Virus Scan is available:

• Fixed compatibility issue with Windows update 10 KB4056892 (16299.192)
  • Full support for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
  • Ability to work in an infected environment
  • Reduced consumption of PC resources, in particular, RAM
  • Added check for new version of the program on the official website at startup
  • Changed and adjusted utility icon
  • Added a detailed description of the stages of the scan

An example of treating an infected computer:

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users