Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't boot windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frojin

frojin

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:42 AM

The power when out while I was downloading a game on steam ,when I tried to turn the pc back on it just gives the windows logo with the loading balls down, after exactly 2 intervals,the screen shows a black screen for about 40 seconds - 2 minutes and then reboots.

In the file attached is what I tried to do from a windows usb.

I can access files on the HD normally from a bootable linux usb or a second hard disk with linux, so is there no way to recover windows??should I just copy the files I want back and then wipe the disk and do a fresh installation of windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frojin

frojin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:13 AM

forgot to press attach file

Attached Files

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and from ]Windows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

Following command will  fixes errors on the disk and locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.

Chkdsk D: /r

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter.  When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Please boot your computer with Windows Setup Media and fromWindows Recovery Environment start the Command Prompt.

Please type below command into Command Prompt and press Enter key.

The following command scans integrity of all protected Windows system files and repairs files with problems when possible.

Sfc  /Scannow   /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\   /OFFWINDIR=D:\Windows

Please replace partition letter D: with Windows installed partition letter.  When computer boots into Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE) environment the drive letter assign to Windows partition may not be C: drive letter because Windows 7, 8 , 8.1 and 10 creates a separate system partition when it's installed from scratch. The system partition contains boot files WinRE assigns the system partition the C: drive letter and the Windows installed partition will be assign any other drive letter usually D: drive letter is assign to Windows installed partition. The Bcdedit /enum | find "osdevice" command can be use to find out the drive letter of the Windows installed partition the output of the Bcdedit command is similar to this osdevice partition=D:. The drive letter after partition= is the drive letter of the Windows partition.

Share your knowledge. Its a way to achieve immortality.
- Dalai Lama

#4 frojin

frojin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:51 AM

THANKSSSSS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users