Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adobe Media Encoder Freezing, Desperate For A Solution

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MalusCalibur

MalusCalibur

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

Hi there,

I have recently been having an insurmountable problem with Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder, preventing me from completing urgent work and, quite honestly, driving me to my wits end!
I've known the program to crash midway through a render before, the usual 'Program has stopped working' kind of error, but as of late it has instead been stopping completely without the program apparently crashing at all - the 'Time Elapsed' and 'Estimated Time Remaining' both stop entirely and the render never completes, no matter how long it is left (I left it running for around 4 hours to no avail). This usually occurs around a minute or so before the project is supposed to finish.
I have checked that portion of the project and attempted to render it out seperately, but the same problem occurs (albeit only a few seconds into the render instead of near the end).
I have tried reducing the effects used in that section, I have tried using 'Software Only' Mercury Acceleration, I have tried cleaning the media cache, a clean boot, system restore (no restore points), untold restarts, moving my project files to and from an external hard drive in the hope that accessing them from a drive seperate to where Premiere is might help (it didn't, it made things worse!), and at this point I am fresh out of ideas and quite distraught!

My system details:
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Intel® Core i5 CPU
8GB RAM
Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder are both version CS5.5.

If any more details are needed I'm more than happy to provide them - I'm desperate for help and not knowing the reason for the problem has fried my brain somewhat, hence the rambling nature of this post. I need to be able to output videos for work and I have never had the encoder so utterly give up on me before.

Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 23 December 2017 - 10:19 AM

try not use windows media encoder and render your project entirely with premiere

i do not see any reason why you need media encoder to finish your project

if your video file cannot be imported in premier due to incompatibility try to convert your file first in a format compatible with premier

you can do that with some online services (file size limitation)

premier supported file formats (import / export)

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/supported-file-formats-premiere-pro-1.html

i am not on premiere side since i use sony vegas and i cannot tell more

sony vegas pro 8 i have can export as windows media file but have issues with quick times .mov and with the newer avchd formats

if you still have problems try to search (google, youtube) by put some word keys like cannot render that and that file in premiere cs 5.5, cannot import that and that video in premiere cs5.5 and so on

have a merry christmas and a happy new year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users