I have recently been having an insurmountable problem with Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder, preventing me from completing urgent work and, quite honestly, driving me to my wits end!
I've known the program to crash midway through a render before, the usual 'Program has stopped working' kind of error, but as of late it has instead been stopping completely without the program apparently crashing at all - the 'Time Elapsed' and 'Estimated Time Remaining' both stop entirely and the render never completes, no matter how long it is left (I left it running for around 4 hours to no avail). This usually occurs around a minute or so before the project is supposed to finish.
I have checked that portion of the project and attempted to render it out seperately, but the same problem occurs (albeit only a few seconds into the render instead of near the end).
I have tried reducing the effects used in that section, I have tried using 'Software Only' Mercury Acceleration, I have tried cleaning the media cache, a clean boot, system restore (no restore points), untold restarts, moving my project files to and from an external hard drive in the hope that accessing them from a drive seperate to where Premiere is might help (it didn't, it made things worse!), and at this point I am fresh out of ideas and quite distraught!
My system details:
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
Intel® Core i5 CPU
Adobe Premiere and Media Encoder are both version CS5.5.
If any more details are needed I'm more than happy to provide them - I'm desperate for help and not knowing the reason for the problem has fried my brain somewhat, hence the rambling nature of this post. I need to be able to output videos for work and I have never had the encoder so utterly give up on me before.