Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New PC, very slow (hdd issue)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Twixxin

Twixxin

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

So my cousin bought a brand new pc with those specs:
Intel Pentium G4560
Asus H110M-R
Samsung 8 GB 2133 MHz
Toshiba 1tb 7200rpm sata 3
Inno3D GTX1050-Ti 4 GB
LC Power 600H-12
MS Phantom
Prebuilt pc, it booted very slow first time having bunch of bloatwares we didn't need so I reinstalled the windows. It still feels very slow, i tried bunch of tweaks but nothing. How should and I approach the situation since i am not really sure what to do. I've checked with defraggler(also 13% of defrag takes like 24 hours to defrag which is like wayy to long, 13% on my 5200rpm 1tb takes like 30min), says disk state is good and brand new with 2 hours of use. Of course I updated the windows before doing anything and installed latest LAN,audio,chipest drivers still no help. I've tried few games they run ok but few micro stutters here and there which are 100% hdd related. Tried changing page file to size of the ram which is 8gb and putting max size to 16gb, but he said it's still slow maybe a bit faster. Pc is at his house atm. Any ideas how should I approach the situation and what to do so i can hopefully fix the problem, since i feel hdd is fine it's just something like bottlenecking it.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

Hello and welcome, please download Seatools for DOS from here and test your HDD with it: https://www.seagate.com/gb/en/support/downloads/seatools/

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:49 AM

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

It could be just a dud hard drive.

I would return the PC (if possible) or if not simply replace the hard disk drive

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#4 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,709 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:12 AM

bunch of bloatwares we didn't need so I reinstalled the windows.

If you purchased the PC from a retail manufacturer, they supplied you with a reinstallation partition, so I assume that is what you used to reinstall Windows. Using that system restore, all the bloatware may have been installed again along with Windows. Some manufacturers do not include it in the restore partition, some do. So carefully check that this junkware is not on your computer again. If your computer is clean, I would take Madman's advice and return the computer before your return deadline expires. Then you are stuck with it.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users