Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Something is adding and changing passwords automatically

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CatBird

CatBird

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

Something is adding and changing passwords automatically. I use LastPass and chrome. I try to log onto a site and an old, no longer using, insists on filling in that autofield.

It happens with Chrome and with Microsoft Edge. I have cleared and disabled password managers in Chrome and Edge, so the only thing that should be adding passwords is something else. I should not have another password manager. 

Even when I type in the proper password when I hit enter, it gets changed to something else, or just erased. Or the password is changed to a password I have not been using in years!

Did clear browsers. Cleared caches.

Latest updates everywhere. No help and it seems getting worse!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhagerjohns

dhagerjohns

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 05:14 PM

In Chrome, click on the three dots in the top right hand corner, cllick settings, scroll down and click advanced settings, then select manage passwords.  You can see what has been filled in, and change if necessary.

#3 CatBird

CatBird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

In Chrome, click on the three dots in the top right hand corner, cllick settings, scroll down and click advanced settings, then select manage passwords.  You can see what has been filled in, and change if necessary.

I have done this and cleared all the Chrome passwords. All are gone. Used ctrl+shift+delete and clear them out. Problem still there

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,287 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:33 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Has your old password manager been uninstalled?

I know LastPass is able to import passwords.

#5 CatBird

CatBird
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Has your old password manager been uninstalled?

I know LastPass is able to import passwords.

I think. Perhaps you mean the password manager in chrome? It is cleared out and disabled.

I wonder if one of my other programs, like some utility, antivirus has a password manager that is throwing a frog into my system?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users