Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezing while mouse still active

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Blackheartz

Blackheartz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 PM

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

Hello,

i am new here, i am making this post to ask about an issue that i have ran into today. my PC would run normally then freeze after about 30 sec of being on. the mouse moves normally but no input is made. generally i ran my computer in safe mode and have done a scan on the pc, i have found out that i have 37 corrupted logs, and they aren't being fixed when i try to use the command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth. i have ran SFCfix, and i have been provided some information, this information i have attached but i am asking for further guidance to help me fix this problem.

Thank you and i am sorry if this is in the wrong place i honestly have no idea where it should be put. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

Please post the sfc /scannow log.

To find sfc /scannow log open the Command Prompt, this needs to be run using a Administrator account.  To assure that this occurs use the following instructions to open the Command Prompt.

Click/tap on the Taskbar Search icon (magnifing glass) and type cdm.

You will see Command Prompt under Best match, right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

Copy and paste the command below, then press Enter.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log %userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt

This will place the log on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log at the host website I've suggested below.

Please note:  This log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log.  You can start a free 30 day trial.  Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users