Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help would be appreciated.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bluescreenofdeathrip

Bluescreenofdeathrip

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

Hi, I'm not much of a tech guy but I got the bsod and now I am stuck in a bios loop. Is this a hardware problem? Praying you guys can help
THANKS,ZACK

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 20 December 2017 - 10:26 PM

We need more information about your system than what you've provided. Hence, please follow these BSOD posting instructions and attach the requested files by replying to this topic. You may skip the part of step three where it instructs you to create a new topic, since you already have a topic here. There's no need to create another topic. :wink: Make sure you run the hardware diagnostics requested in the last step.

Thank you.

Regards,
bwv848

P.S. Even if your computer isn't blue screening, please still do the above.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#3 Bluescreenofdeathrip

Bluescreenofdeathrip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:33 PM

Specs:
MB: Asus Micro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 H11OM-K

Processor: Intel Core I5 6500 5.20 Ghz Quad

GC: GTX 1060 3gb

Ram: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB single DDR4

Power Sup: EVGA 500w W1

Hard Drive: WD Blue 1tb sata 6 64 mb 7200 rpm

I built the computer, ithas windows ten,i its about one year old maybe less.

not sure if its 32 or 64 bit. 

i tried doing the hardware check and the other download, but when i downloaded it on my laptop and put it on my pc i couldnt open the flashdrive because nothing is popping up because its stuck in BIOS.

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 08:37 PM

Hi,

Sorry I didn't read your post carefully... wasn't aware that you weren't able to boot into Windows. Can you take a picture of the BSOD if you get it again? In the mean time, I suggest you run these bootable hardware diagnostics to test your RAM and HDD located at the top of this page - http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html

Run the tests and get back to me. Can you remember what you did the day before to your computer before this mess started?

Thanks.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

#5 Bluescreenofdeathrip

Bluescreenofdeathrip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

The BSOD has not been showing up,I'm really just stuck in bios. The first time I got the BSOD was a week ago when watching Netflix on my computer, and I restarted it and got back to desktop and thought nothing of it. Then about 2 days ago I started up my computer after school and it went to desktop then immediately went to the BSOD and I don't remember what it said. I don't think I can run the hardware test also because it won't pop up when I'm in bios

#6 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• 3,029 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:47 AM

Hi,

Then it seems to be that the problem is more hardware-related than Windows-related. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "stuck in the BIOS" as MemTest86 and SeaTools for DOS are bootable diagnostics, anyway I suggest you post in the Internal Hardware forums for more expert advice: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/

Edited by bwv848, 22 December 2017 - 11:47 AM.

#7 Bluescreenofdeathrip

Bluescreenofdeathrip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:46 PM

Every time I load the computer, it goes straight to bios, If I save and exit or change the boot settings my computer goes off then goes straight back into bios. It's like an endless loop.

#8 Bluescreenofdeathrip

Bluescreenofdeathrip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:47 PM

Just gonna take this piece of crap to the shop. Thanks for trying

#9 Bluescreenofdeathrip

Bluescreenofdeathrip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:07 PM

WAIT! I can boot into Ubuntu, i downloaded it on a hardrive.

#10 Bluescreenofdeathrip

Bluescreenofdeathrip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

IM NO TECH GUY BUT THiS LOOKS LIKE A GOOD SIGN!! 

#11 Bluescreenofdeathrip

Bluescreenofdeathrip
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:21 PM

might only have a corrupted Windows install so im gonna create a Windows 10 bootable USB stick instead of a bootable ubuntu stick. Ill let you guys know how it goes wish me luck

P.S sorry im posting alot im just excited

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users