Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Please help! Infect with Ransomware .wallet extention

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 nambi_

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

I am infected all my files were encrypted and the hacker wants 2K in bit coins.

I ran the identify tool and it is unable to determine the ransomware.

SHA1: 67ed2ac4b262065e1d0ba60c68ac4d195ebb7b22

Symantec claimed it was a BTC yet the file extension is .wallet.

a sample file name is

rshutdn.exe.[decrypt*********@***]-id-26AC.wallet (should I post the real address?)

the file is uploaded here

the note is labeled

"! How Decrypt Files"

located here.

inside the .txt file is a small note.

All your files have been encrypted
Want resore your files? Write on e-mail - decrypt@b******pt.top

As you can see their spelling isn't as good as their ransom skills.

I wrote them this is their response.

Hello, dear friend! All your files are encrypted because you don't give enough attention to the safety of your system!
To decrypt your files you must to pay us. We are not liars or swindlers, you pay - we help you.
By carefully looking your files, we learned that these files are VERY valuable to your company.
IMPORTANT! If you refuse to pay, the data will be compromised and sold to interested people (you know who it is about). I hope that you will be prudent!

The more time you wait before paying - the higher the price! It's simple. Your price is $2000, but after 72 hours - $4000.
The price will increase, please hurry, dear friend.

Notice! To keep our anonymity, we accept payment only in bitcoins. How to get bitcoins:
1. Register on exchange site https://localbitcoins.com/register
2. Buy bitcoins on page https://localbitcoins.com/buy_bitcoins for $2000
3. Go to page https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/wallet/ and send your bincoins to our wallet

After payment, write to us, and we will send you a decryption program. Just run it, and all your files will be decrypted.

Before payment, you can send us three files (maximum size is 5 MB) for free test decryption.

Any help would be VERY much appreciated.

Edited by nambi_, 20 December 2017 - 10:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 al1963

• Members
  • 880 posts
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 20 December 2017 - 11:42 PM

You can identify the type of encryptor that attacked your files on ID Ransomware.

this is clearly not Crysis.wallet. other type of encoder. Maybe BTCWare.

Edited by al1963, 20 December 2017 - 11:43 PM.

#3 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,730 posts
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:20 AM

The .WALLET extension has been used by several ransomwares to include CryptoMix Wallet Ransomware, Dharma (CrySiS) Ransomware, BTCWare .wallet and Sanctions Ransomware which does not contain the standard Dharma/Crysis file markers. Sanctions Ransomware leaves a ransom note named RESTORE_ALL_DATA.html.

.[<email>].ID.<16 random hexadecimal character ID>.WALLET (i.e. [ADMIN@HOIST.DESI].ID[DF1866CB3A6F9701].WALLET) = CryptoMix
.id-<8 random hexadecimal characters>.[<email>].wallet (i.e. .id-480EB957.[legionfromheaven@india.com].wallet) = Dharma (CrySiS)
.[<email>]-id-[4 random hexadecimal characters>.wallet (i.e. [amagnus@india.com]-id-37DC.wallet) = BTCWare AES-256
filename.[extension].wallet = Sanctions

rshutdn.exe.[decrypt*********@***]-id-26AC.wallet looks to be BTCWare AES-256.

Unfortunately, newer variants of BTCWare (.blocking, .encrypted, .aleta, .crypton, .gryphon, .nuclear, .wyvern, .payday, .shadow and .wallet are AES-256 versions of the malware which uses a different RSA-1024 key and are not decryptable unless you pay the ransom and get the private AES key from the criminals. There is no way to bruteforce the key for any of these versions. Read Demonslay335's comments in Post #293 and Post #432. However, Demonslay335 may be able to help some victims...send him a PM with a few encrypted files, your ransom note and the key.aleta file if a victim of the .aleta variants.

If possible, your best option is to restore from backups, try file recovery software or backup/save your encrypted data as is and wait for a possible solution at a later time.

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic where victims can post comments, ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.

Rather than have everyone with individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any more questions, comments or requests for assistance in the above support topic discussion...it includes experiences by experts, a variety of IT consultants, end users and company reps who have been affected by ransomware infections. To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

The BC Staff

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users