Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

switching from 10 to 12gb of ram (dying ram/mobo ram slot?)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cronos18

cronos18

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 20 December 2017 - 03:11 AM

My computer has Six -2GB- sticks of ram in triple channel. sometimes after restarting windows system in control panel/bios/etc will display 10gb instead of the installed 12, it doesnt usually change I dont think while the operating system is running. Then later on it will revert to 12gb as such that I noticed windows experience index rating thing said "new hardware installed" after a Reset which I think Ive noticed a few times. It seems that since I've redone my therm paste on core i7 920 again, ive noticed im still getting video game crashes or blue screens or random slow down of text or chat boxes etc. Even since reformatting and doing several Benchmark testing programs on GPU and CPU both reporting fine and temps, same with HD checks. Hell, even memtest 86 and memory diagnostic didnt find anything when testing all 6 memory chips at the same time. it took about an hour or so a pass with memtest maybe 30 mins with windows memory. I've had to replace the memory before when a similar issue happened and I didn't know which stick to replace so I just guessed 3 in the 2nd bank or maybe tested without them and it worked well so yeah I dont remember but I guess thats probably a pretty solid way to find out, just test 1 stick at a time in bay 1, Unless i find out its not the memory and its a memory bay on my motherboard thats busted. Ive used a leaf blower from 6+ feet away on low power to clean my tower in the garage. maybe I have a semi loose chip thats not fully clamped? maybe dirt or dust? maybe I ruined the motherboard with the pressure of the air? I live in a old house that seems to have the breaker blow when a heater and microwave so much as operate, is that a optimal enviroment for me to short circuit/fry/ static shock w/e kill my computer parts? Like I notice my room light flicker sometimes not too heavily or anything alike the other rooms but yeah I feel like UPS wouldnt even save this demonic houses power lol. sorry for the spam but im pissed with my computer Im pissed with game developers and publishers, Im pissed with life. but Im mostly pissed that I have a SSD and 7970 3gb gpu and 1tb WD cav black, and and and well I just wanna play RE7 but I cant stop crashing to the point I know somethings up and its CoD or other games.

Anyone have some godly insight on a completely relatable problem that they possibly conquered by easily testing the ram in first slot or taking to a pc shop because they are too lazy, also, is that a good idea like would they count testing ram slots as diagnostic and do they have a work bench of which they could do this optimally faster than a general consumer could? Cause if So I'd love to take my pc to a local place and just see what they think about this biotch. sorry again for this mess but I rewrote it infact and I just got off work and had a shower to wash away all the scum I deal with.

Edited by cronos18, 20 December 2017 - 03:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users