Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

signing into gmail from a different android device

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 resa83

resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 01:58 PM

I was trying to find my phone via android lost app. I  must first sign into my gmail account in order to sign into www.androidlost.com however gmail wouldn't allow it BC i didn't have direct contact with my phone to get a push notification saying it was me trying to log into gmail from an unknown device.

PLEASE tell me there's a way to turn this off through google. If somebody was to steal my phone or i lose it I'd like to use android-lost and gmail from a different device!!!! please tell me there's a way.. thanks in advance for any help. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

I used to use Androidlost, but since Google itself has "Find my Device" as part of the Android ecosystem I just use it.

Much less muss & fuss plus one less extra app to deal with.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

Thanks but I prefer Android lost bc of all the features it comes with.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,534 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

Then use the utility you prefer.  Most of the critical ones are also in Find My Device, but there are several "nice to haves" that are not.

I have never had any difficulty logging in to a Google Account on any device I so choose so long as I can provide the username (typically a gmail address) and password.  Screen shots of the issue(s) you're encountering would be very helpful here.

Edited by britechguy, 19 December 2017 - 05:43 PM.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

#5 resa83

resa83
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 163 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

Well I tried signing in on my nerves one for Google and it won't let me
Neighbors phone* typo

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,534 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

Well, you don't exactly sign in, at least in the conventional way, on an Android phone for a Google Account.

You have to use Settings, Google, and add any accounts you wish to use from the device there.  It would be highly unusual for anyone to have any accounts other than their own on a given Android smartphone.  These devices are considered to be single user devices and don't have multiple user accounts like PCs do that create entirely dedicated environments for multiple users.  I have three Google Accounts and sync e-mail from all of them on my smartphone.  It is quite possible to use multiple Google Accounts on a single smartphone, but within a single user environment.  This presumes this single user should have access to all of those Google Accounts.

If you were to lose your phone you would most likely be using a tablet or PC to log in to your Google Account, not someone else's smartphone, and that's what they assume.  I never accessed Android Lost from anything other than a PC when I needed to locate my phone which had gone MIA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users