Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

apple iphone 5 locked

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nickos

nickos

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

hi to all,

i just found an iphone 5 for 60 euros but the seller state that the mobile is locked and i ask what does it mean

what is my risk by buying  such as a locked iphone

sorry, i don't know anything about iphones 

Edited by nickos, 19 December 2017 - 01:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nickos

nickos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

https://www.doctorsim.com/us-en/unlock-phone/iphone/

#3 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 22 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

it's a loss of 60 euros.  unless the orginal owner removes it from their icloud account, it is a useless phone!  this is true with all apple devices.

#4 nickos

nickos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 205 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2017 - 04:55 AM

hi dear mightywiz,

the phone can be unlocked even with many online services from 30 euros and up and also there so may programs that can do the job as well

i am not familiar with apple phones nor i a have experience with the unlocking procedure

i will make my offer to 30 euros and if the seller accept then i will see what to do

happy new year

#5 C0bra

C0bra

• Members
  • 176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:55 AM

Posted 05 January 2018 - 03:03 PM

I'm assuming he means its provider locked. In short, its a software lock on the phone that disables it from working on other service providers. It can be unlocked, but typically, it must be done by the owner of the phone. They would call into their service provider, purchase an unlock code, and use the code to unlock the device; allowing it to be used on any service provider from then on. Also make sure whoever you purchase the iPhone from deactivates "Find my iPhone" with their Apple ID so that they don't have a permanent connection to the device. (Find My iPhone settings do not delete on a device reset as a security feature and your device will permanently be linked to their Apple ID until they sign it on said device and deactivate it manually

I always recommend that you meet to purchase the device at their service providers store. They would have a better understanding of how to do this and can also check the devices IMEI/Serial # for a lost/stolen flag.

If you don't think you can 100% guarantee any of the above is completed, it will quite literally be a waste of money and you should walk away from the sale.

Recap:

1) Always meet at your, or the sellers service provider (Cell phone store basically)

2) Always make sure the phone you're purchasing is unlocked, if not, try and work it into the deal. The unlock fee is usually charged to the other persons bill.

3) Make sure the device isn't flagged as lost/stolen (This can be done by making sure you follow step 1. Service providers should have a tool to check the status)

4) If the device is an iPhone make sure Find My iPhone is disabled with their Apple ID.

PS: Unlocking features used online are risky. There are sites that work but be warned that if you input a code incorrectly too many times into an iPhone it will permanently lock. I can't remember off the top of my head how many times (I believe its 10?) 

Edited by C0bra, 05 January 2018 - 03:08 PM.

nIDwkQT.gif

| IT Service Technician | A+ | Network+ | Gamer | iPhone Expert |

#6 HDBox

HDBox

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:58 AM

First ,you need know. Unlock for which part. Just the user password? Or service net? And what iOS version it is.

If luckly,you could find the solution.

#7 isaccasi

isaccasi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:43 PM

Hello I own two iPhones, and it is true, there is no way around this, my advice do not purchase it :)

#8 daliaeurope

daliaeurope

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:53 AM

As far as I know you can't unlock the Iphones, is it even possible? What if it was stollen? 

#9 RossTeagan

RossTeagan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2018 - 06:26 AM

If it's locked, it means is locked to a network.

However, you should also check if the phone's IMEI is clean. Because if the IMEI is blacklisted, you won't be able to unlock the phone. so you will end up with a device able to connect only to WiFi.

Tech Assistant at UnlockUnit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users