Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print screen help

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KPus

KPus

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:12 AM

I have a Help plea in my Christmas stocking:

My antivirus supplier has requested a print screen of my launcher which is not working.

My keyboard. PRTSC, and ALT+PRTSC do not do anything; or if they do I can not find any result.

Nothing in my file Windows.clipboard.

I tried a new Free-trial software which by-passes the keyboard, but it arrived as a Zip file which I can not open.  Can anybody tell me why the keyboard will not work ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,075 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:06 AM

Hi,

How about using the Snipping Tool that is part of Windows 7?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13776/windows-use-snipping-tool-to-capture-screenshots#1TC=windows-7

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:56 AM

I guess that I am not understanding.

Are you having a malware problem...that also affects your keyboard performance?  Is that the reason for communication between you and your AV contact?

Does anything work as it should...when you boot into safe mode?

Louis

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:43 AM

You could do a Screenshot for this purpose.

How to make a screenshot and post it in your topic

1. Download and run A Thousand Words .

2. Follow the wizard to capture a screenshot.

3. Use the built-in editor to resize, edit, or re-capture your screen shot.

4. Your screen shot will be saved to your desktop when you finish the wizard.

If you wish to post an image here do the following.

You can post the screenshot in your next post as an attachment.

Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options.

posting-options1.png

When you click on More Relpy Options you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you want to post, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

posting-options2.png

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:58 PM

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:19 PM

@Kpus #1

'PrtScr' and 'Alt+PtrScr' copy whatever is on your screen to the clipboard not to a file directly. What you then need to do is open almost any form of graphics application, if nothing else you have 'Paint' in your Accessories folder, then either 'RIGHT click - paste' or 'Ctrl+V' to transfer the screenshot into the application. Then you can if you want crop the image to just the part needed, then save the image as either .JPG or .PNG somewhere you can find it again.

You are now ready to either email this image or paste it into a post, whatever you need to do.

As for your zipped application, do you have unzipping software on your computer - 7-Zip, WinRAR, whatever ?  If you don't you can get 7-Zip as a free download  and it works very well.

Chris Cosgrove

#6 KPus

KPus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 21 December 2017 - 04:35 AM

Thank you to those who offered help. My keyboard is good otherwise, but nothing appears in my clipboard when I press the PRTSC key.   However I have now solved it to my satisfaction.

I took a photo of the screen with my camera, uploaded it and attached the photo to an email.

All good. ('til next time?). Enjoy the festive season. and thanks.Phil.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,689 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:22 AM

If you are going to use the Print Screen button you need to open Paint and click/tap on Paste in the upper left portion of the screen.  This will display the screen shot.  Click/tap on File and select Save as and give the file a name you will remember.  You can use the instructions I provided earlier to post the screenshot in your topic.

Edited by dc3, 21 December 2017 - 09:22 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users