Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to find IP adresss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 brandondiaz

brandondiaz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

Alright so i want to know the ip adress of my other microsoft account but i cant really access it and just need what the ip address was for that account. Is there a way i can see the ip adresss? Please let me know.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,515 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:29 PM

IP addresses are assigned to devices, not accounts.

A Microsoft account, Gmail account, etc., does not have an IP address while your devices on your home network, the modem or modem-router that connects you to the internet at large, etc., do have IP (Internet Protocol) addresses.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_address as a basic reference.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

Oh i thought they did because when i signed in to my instagram it said someone from another location was using my account so i assumed they had different ips

#4 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,515 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:38 PM

The accounts don't, but various service providers can and do keep track of where a given account is typically accessed from as far as the IP address(es) go.

If I sign into my Google account from a new device (even if it's from home) or from an odd location if I'm using my laptop on the road both get flagged with a security e-mail message so I can react if it wasn't me that logged in.

This can also sometimes be triggered if your ISP changes where your modem-router hooks into their own network.  Mine is such that the world that uses network location to try to pinpoint me believes I'm about 2 hours south of where I actually am.  There are occasions where network topography gets changed and it suddenly appears to your various service providers who keep track of this sort of thing as though you're now connecting from an "odd location for you."

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

#5 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

So the main problem was bypassing the suspicious login attempt but this person told me to make a vpn and connect it to where i used the instagram account before.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,515 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:51 PM

I'm still not quite sure what the problem is.

If you've physically moved, this kind of warning will occur when you first try to log in.

If you use a VPN, and you haven't been using one, that makes it appear you are logging in from elsewhere you will trigger this sort of warning.

I have never known of a service provider to forbid completion of the login if the correct account and password can be provided, regardless of where the login is coming from.  If it happens to be coming in from an atypical location (whether actual or secondary to VPN use) it is typical these days for a warning message to be generated to make the actual owner know that it has occurred.  You, as the actual owner, should be able to figure out whether it was you or not.

#7 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:53 PM

Yes it was me but after making a new microsoft account and logged in to my instagram this suspicious login attempt verification has popped up and i just want to bypass it.

#8 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:45 AM

Suss activity, you are vague in your intent with this thread as Britechguy says!

If you want to hack instagram accounts, go elsewhere or learn yourself.....we wont teach you!

I have seen your other related thread.

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/665830/instagram-suspicious-login-attempt/

Cheers

Edited by Replicator, 19 December 2017 - 09:18 AM.

#9 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:32 AM

what who said anythinng about hacking?? sorry if i wasnt clear. i all want is to login my instagram but i cant because i need to bypass the suspicious login attempt because i made a fake email so i cant receive the code.

#10 britechguy

britechguy

• 7,515 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

You have, then, essentially created a catch-22.

There is really nothing anyone here can do if you gave Instagram a contact method for you to which you don't have access.  You just don't do this, ever, for precisely the reason you're now encountering.  It's simple enough to create a junk e-mail account dedicated specifically to the receipt of registration codes, etc.   If it happens to be a Gmail account you can also set up a Google Voice phone number associated with it to allow codes to be texted to you using that number.

At this point further assistance would best be sought through Instagram support, and I am not hopeful at all that they will help out unless they used other verification means like security questions that you would be able to provide the answers to if one of their support rep asks.

#11 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

Your lucky the team here are nicer than I am......your trying to gain anonymity within Instagram but you failed miserably.

Edited by Replicator, 19 December 2017 - 12:07 PM.

#12 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

wdym im just trying to get my account

#13 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

can someone please help me

#14 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,437 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:51 AM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

You had a topic in 'Web-browsing, etc.' - now locked -  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/665830/instagram-suspicious-login-attempt/

You have another active topic there -  https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/665830/instagram-suspicious-login-attempt/

This is not a networking problem. You have been told several times that your only hope of success is to contact Instagram help, you have even been given the link to their help page.