Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ultimate computer setup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Karis_Asani

Karis_Asani

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

Im not buying anything but here's something I want to know: What is the current ultimate Computer setup as in the computer designed for people that really want things done extremely quick with a massive storage capacity, big screen, you know effectively a gamers dream computer.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

In truth there is no "ultimate computer setup"

Everyone has certain needs and budgets and depending on what you want you can build a machine that is both powerful yet cost effective.

It all boils down to what you want, not what is considered state of the art and most powerful.

Processor?

At this stage AMD threadripper is the best price to performance for those who want high end hardware.

The 1950X is $899.00 but that is still cheaper then intels offerings.

For common users something like intels 8700k or even AMD's Ryzen 5 1600 are both very good with the 1600 being the best price to performance.

Graphics card?

Nothing beats the Nvidia 1080 Ti for its top dollar performance for price, the titan X and V are very expensive and are not with the premium.

Unless you are doing some serious number crunching the titan X and V are not worth your time.

But even with that said there is no shame in getting a $300 or even $200 GPU

Storage?

High capacity hard drives are both a blessing and a curse, on one hand high storage has never been cheaper.

But on the other those higher capacity drives are often plagued by failures.

I say commit to 2TB at highest right now as there are a lot of failures with anything over 3TB.

Memory?

64GB is the highest most consumer grade motherboards can go to unless you go really high end.

But if you are only playing games alone anything over 8GB is pointless.

Now me i have 16 gigs but only because I want to make videos.

In the end one can pay top dollar for hardware but is it really needed?

No

One can still game and even more even on the most basic hardware.

It all depends on your needs.

It is a huge misconception on PC building that you need the most expensive hardware for things to perform but one can bet by with cheap hardware too.

Edited by MadmanRB, 19 December 2017 - 12:30 PM.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users