Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HEUR:Trojan.Script.Agent.gen inside isuspm.ini ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 terotero

terotero

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

Hello!

Every month, I scan my computer just in case i had a virus, using "deep scan". I have the clasic "pack 3" (Avast free, Free Comodo firewall and Malwarebytes Premium),  so i scanned with those.. well, only with avast and malwarebytes. They didn't find nothing bad.
I found another Scanner ( Kaspersky Security Scan ) to scan a last time, "just in case" again, but it found 1 trojan:

Kaspersky Security Scan

HEUR:Trojan.Script.Agent.gen

- C:\ProgramData\InstallShield\Update\isuspm.ini

Is that a real virus/trojan? or a false positive?

The computer doesn't have any typical problem ( slow, pop ups, or weird behaviors)

After that, i scanned again with tdsskiller in safe mode but it didn't show nothing bad.

What should i do?

I had Windows 10, Avast free, Free Comodo firewall, Malwarebytes Premium

Thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 18 December 2017 - 03:27 PM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Heur...heuristic....meaning something about that file caused Kaspersky to point to it as possibly malware.

I doubt that it is malware as the INSTALL SHIELD UPDATE is a legit program. If you are not experiencing well

known malware or adware issues I would suggest considering it a false positive.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 terotero

terotero
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:08 PM

Hi again! Sorry for the sooo delayed answer.

Sometimes the computer freezes randomly, for example:
I'm browsing on Internet and suddenly it freezes for 3 seconds, then 4, 5 seconds of normal usage and again it freezes for 3,4 seconds, and again it's ok and it happens again and again until a restart my computer.
( i close every opened program with the task manager when it happens )

When that happens, the CPU or RAM usage are ok (max 15%-35%), and the main program using the CPU is the "System" with 18-22%

However, it's very very rare when the computer freezes. It may happen just once in 14 days.

Could it be a very quiet virus, software, hardware o just classic Windows issues?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,134 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:54 AM

I've seen similar when Kaspersky has not been cleanly uninstalled. I suggest using Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

in Advanced Mode to uninstall Kaspersky if you haven't done so prior to now.

Use the programs below to clean and remove adware. Post AdwCleaner's scan log if it finds anything.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop. (compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10)

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  • Please download Security Check by glax24 and save the file to the Desktop
  • Run the tool by accepting all the Security prompts
  • when complete the tool will produce a log file C:\SecurityCheck\SecurityCheck.txt and also copy the contents to the Clipboard
  • Simply Paste the log to your reply

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users