Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 stuck on Repair at startup?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Johnz414

Johnz414

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

Hi,

I am trying to fix a clients business computer that takes about 10 minutes to start. It does the loop thing for about 10 minutes.

They brought the computer to me saying that it was stuck on the startup repair mode.

After playing with it a few times forcing the startup repair myself it now just takes 10 minutes to start.

So, is there anything I can do to get it to start faster other than doing a reinstall of Windows 10?

Also, I can access all options under repair mode only when entering reapir when the computer is in Windows and not during startup. During starup it only displays can't start the computer with no other options?

Thanks,

John

PS I will be suggesting to the owner that since this is his livelihood computer that he put a little money into a new laptop so he doesn't have to worry about these kind of issues. Or that he invest into a new SSD at least that will also clear up these issues.

Edited by Johnz414, 18 December 2017 - 10:57 AM.

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnz414

Johnz414
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 471 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 18 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

I tried this solution which is what stopped the Windows 10 Repair loop but now it is just stuck on the circular loop under the Windows 10 emblem for about a half hour before starting into Windows 10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2f-GorXWkoc

John

"Genius is nothing other than pointing out the obvious",
Albert Einstein.

"I am what I am and that is all that I am, I am Popeye the Sailor Man", Popeye.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users