Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Arrow Keys in File Explorer, Excel

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 rzokian

rzokian

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:00 AM

I do a lot of data entry and try to use my keyboard as much as possible so that I'm not waving my mouse around all day.

I keep an Excel sheet open that calculates totals between multiple spreadsheets (around 30), which causes me regular trouble.  The problem I'm having at this time is that when I finish entering into one of my source sheets and close it, I tab over to my open File Explorer to bring up the next file I need.  I use my keyboard, including the letter keys and the arrow keys, to find my next file and then hit enter to open it.  This works most of the time without too much trouble.

The problem started this morning. I learned about using a Watch Window to be able to view my final total even if I don't have that page showing.  When I started using that, I started having trouble navigating in file explorer.  I can type into the source sheets without any problem, but when I close it and tab over to the file explorer window, I cannot use the keyboard to find the next file.  Any keys I press affect the totals worksheet instead.

I removed the Watch Window in hopes that it would fix my problem, but it did not.

I don't know how to get my functionality back in the file explorer window. 

Usually I can google and get answers, but I can't figure out how to ask google in a way that actually gets me answers.

Thank you in advance for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users