Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

instagram suspicious login attempt

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 brandondiaz

brandondiaz

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:38 PM

so basically i have this problem which it says it will send a code to my email but the email i used for registration was a fake one. Is there a way i can change it? Also i didnt have a phone number verified. can i add a number now without logging in. please help

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 17 December 2017 - 06:38 PM.
Two topics on same problem merged.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

How can i change my email without logging in because i was locked out but need to verify email but i cant access the email.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

You used a mickey mouse email account and didn't register a phone number, I would say your chances are approaching zero.

If you can't log in you can't change the email account and without logging in you can't add a phone number. If you are locked out only because you cannot remembr the email you used to create the account then you could try approaching Instagram from another, and working, email account. If you were locked out for breaching their T&Cs then I wouldn't even bother going that route.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

im locked out because of suspicious login attempt i logged in on a new windows account and i think that was the problem.
im locked out because of suspicious login attempt i logged in on a new windows account and i think that was the problem.

#5 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

brandondiaz,

Give this a try using the app on your phone. Open Instagram -> lower right click on the body -> your profile will show, select Ed Profile -> scroll down to Private Information -> you will see your 'fake' email address, tap on it and you'll be able to edit the email address and you will get a confirmation via the email you listed -> you will receive an email at the new address confirming you have successfully made the change. When you are at the confirmation page, you will be able to make changes to your profile. It's always a good idea to make notes of the information you have changed in the event you need to make adjustments again.

gram.jpg

Let us know how it goes.

#6 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:58 PM

what do you mean lower right click on body

#7 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:00 PM

Are you using a cell phone?

#8 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:01 PM

yes

#9 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:02 PM

Okay. Are you able to open Instagram that you have installed on your phone?

#10 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

Here is a picture of the Instragram options...you'll see the shape of the body/person on the lower right:

gram2.jpg

#11 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

do you have an older version of instagram because i dont see that

#12 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

wait you mean like open instagram as in get into the account?

#13 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

I do not know what version of Instagram I have on my phone. The picture showing I grabbed from Google images. 

Yes, open your app as if you were going to be active within Insgragram. All I have ever seen with my app are the following starting from the bottom left of the app:

House, Mag. Search, Plus sign, Heart and Person (as the picture above shows).

Please share, are you able to open your Instagram app?

#14 brandondiaz

brandondiaz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

this is why im asking for help because when i login i get the suspicious login attempt verification and i have to receive a code on my email but the email was fake

#15 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,586 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

Oh dear, it sure sounds like you're in a real pickle. The steps I have provided above is how you would change your fake email address to a valid one which you can access. I am not able to find a solution other than what I have already provided, perhaps another BC member  can step in from here.

The other option is to make contact with Instagram directly: https://help.instagram.com/381579045265733

Best wishes to get back into your account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users