Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

---Not even sure the issue anymore---

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ParaPC

ParaPC

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

So for the last 2 previous days I went through a number of total system freezes while playing games. No problem with CSGO but this had occurred on both PUBG (Test and Non test servers) and Overwatch. But when it would happen was really inconsistant, sometimes I could play for 40 minutes, some would crash right as I got in a game. I tested to try and see if there was anything causing the freezes but ended up with no consensus of what was causing it other than video games. I contacted the maker of my GPU ASUS and explained the problem and they told me to first try reinstalling the drivers, I did. No change so I decided to do the second thing he said to try, which was to move my GPU to another PCI slot. ***** I did have to go so I left my gpu on my desk while I was gone to cool down and while I was out bought some 'Electronic Duster' (https://www.staples.ca/en/staples-electronics-duster-compressed-air-7oz-2-pack/product_343051_1-CA_1_20001) I came home, cleaned the dust out of my system and put the GPU in the other PCI slot, plugged everything back in and everything lit up, but I got no signal going to my computer. I restarted my pc a few times before deciding to put it back in the other slot. I became alarmed though when plugging my hdmi into my MOBO's hdmi slot and still got no input. I only have speculation that because it is a gas that it turned to liquid when I sprayed, as I did some testing before putting it anywhere inside my pc and realized that it would turn a liquid sometimes but seemed to be fine if up-right but Im wondering if maybe it turned to liquid somehow when I was using it on my MOBO or CPU fan and has done some damage. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance

***** I'm not sure if this means anything but I decided it was better to say everything in case

CPU: i7-6700k

GPU: STRIX-GTX1070-08G-GAMING 8GB

MOBO: MSI Z170A

RAM: 16GB Hyper X Black

PoSu: Corsair CX750M

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ParaPC

ParaPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

*** Update I tried removing GPU completely and it has booted, luckily still under warranty for GPU

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:46 PM

So, why did you feel the need to leave the GPU to cool down?

I ask because an overheating GPU can cause the symptoms that you describe.

Does it now boot with the GPU - or does it boot with another graphics chip?

I believe that your motherboard has an onboard graphics chip - is it booting with that?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users