What is the make and model of this computer?
I take it that this computer is not shutting down as it should?
If you installed the second hdd you should know which one this is. Disconnect the Data and Power cables from the storage drive, not the drive with the operating system installed on it. See if the clicking stops. If it does this is your storage drive, if it doesn't then this is the hdd with the operating system installed on it.
In the industry this clicking noise is called "the click of death".
You can run a scan with SeaTools for Windows. This will tell your the condition of both hdds, this will either be Pass or Fail.
Please download and run SeaTools for Windows
Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.
Once the installation of SeatTools for Windows begins you will see an image similar to the one below.
1. SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer. Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.
2. Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found. Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on. This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.
3. You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options. Please click on Long Generic Test
4. This will start the scan. When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.
5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail. Post the results of the scan in your topic.
6. Click on Help, then click on View Log File. If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.