Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

regsvr32.exe is hijacking the system 2

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 leothelyon

leothelyon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:30 PM

Hi, new member,

I recently came across this website through the topic,

regsvr32.exe is hijacking the system

but can't find it. But anyways, I believe I have a similar problem. To make a long story short, I have as many as 5 regrvs32.exe running in the background and I think it's the source that is using up all my bandwidth data. The long of it is; I believe it started back on Oct 14 2017. Before then, I was able to watch 20 to 30 movies through Netflix with 150 gigs allowed from Mediacom internet but now, I'm not watching anything, zero, nada. I have recently learned, right clicking on my internet connection to check the status and the bytes are coming in like crazy and nothing is loading up. To stop them, i have to turn off my router for long periods of time.....to maintain my data allowance under 150 gigs. But anyways, my son, an IT expert, when he gets the time, will hopefully solve this problem. He told me it's likely I have malware in my Windows 7 system. I've come to believe this malware has disguised itself in all those regsvrs and I realize regsvr32 is a part of the system but my system runs on 64 bit if that means anything. But, I guess my question is, would I need to run all those steps/programs from the original topic I stated above or is there a simpler solution?

Any help or advise will be appreciated. If it sounds too complicated, I'll let my son deal with it. Thanks.

Regards, Leon 

Edited by hamluis, 17 December 2017 - 08:30 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jaycan

Jaycan

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:48 AM

:) Hello leothelyon and welcome,

Please read and follow the topic linked below from quietman7

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/214062/need-help-in-removing-malware-regsvr32exe/#entry1193959

The versions of Malwarebytes have been updated, but the links are still OK.

A Moderator may move the topic to Am I Infected area, but the process is still the same.

Please post back if you have any problems.. B)

Acer Computer with LG Monitor and Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7.1

Windows 64bit  8.1 - Always fully updated

Firefox / Google Chrome / Internet Explorer Browsers

Usually a home helper here or with friends and nimble fingered ladies who would rather sew or dust, but not clean the bugs out of a computer ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users