Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have a good computer, I know I have a virus But nothing is helping....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 morzer

morzer

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 12:35 PM

Hey, for the past 2 months now my computer has been severely decreased in performance do to 2 pieces of malware. I have tried factory resetting my entire computer but it stops me from doing that. There both called Stdafx, and Whores. Yes... im not joking its called Whores. I found this out after a couple days of researching and I looked in task manager and these were the two programs that looked suspicious and I've never heard of. I've also used pretty much EVERY anti-virus you can think of. Malware bytes with rkill, Norton, Bit defender (FULL VERSION), and they picked up some things at first. I quarantined, and then deleted both but I saw absolutely 0 increase in performance. Some of the symptoms that I have received are these:

Computer freezing completely with no response except active audio every 3 minutes lasting for about a minute 30 on average

Some games that I enjoy playing drop frames much more than usual

Browser taking 3x the amount of time to load than normal

And one thing that I dont think matters, but when I startup my computer it says "Press a button in the next 10 seconds to stop a drive repair" If I press it it boots like normal, (slower of course) but if I dont it takes about less than a second to "Scanning and repairing drive 1-02497-g89er[fsa1=3-0124124/:" or something like that it just puts a bunch of random numbers next to it just happens ever since the virus. 

This virus has gotten SO annoying and I need to put a stop to it, if anyone could help please reply to me soon,

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,195 posts
  •  

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

Use the two programs below. If they find nothing then you will need to follow the last set of directions for starting a new topic

in the malware removal forum.

Download 51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.

• Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.
  • Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.
  • MBAR will start. Click "Next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder located on your Desktop and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
  • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop. (compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10)

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,862 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:02 PM

OP reposted in MRL, https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/665819/virus-called-whores-and-stdafx-is-ruining-my-computer-please-help-asap/ .

To avoid further confusion, this AII topic is now closed.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users