Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Syncing Certain Files Between Folders on Laptop Not Working

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 iceblitzed

iceblitzed

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hi,

I am using a file sync software called Synchredible to sync files in a certain folder to another folder on my laptop. This software syncs 99% of my files successfully. However, there are two files which refuse to sync. The software reports in the log that the two files could not be copied successfully to the other folder (which doesn't help me to fix the problem). Note I am trying to copy files in the folder C:\Users\Name\AppData\Roaming\Anki2\User 1\ to C:\Users\Name\Google Drive\SIUC\Xtra\Subjects_XTRA\Anki\User 1\ . The first folder contains files generated and updated by a program called Anki2 while the second folder is my Google Drive folder (to sync files to the online cloud)

Description of computer:
Model: Dell Latitude E5550

Methods I have tried to fix the problem:

1. If I close the program called Anki2, the two files still won't sync

2. If I logoff and log back in from Windows 7, the software syncs all files (100%) successfully. However, in about 5 days or so, the problem comes back.

3. Note: I can manually copy and paste the files into the other folder in order to update the files successfully if the Anki2program is closed or not. However, this may not be practical to do all the time

Edited by iceblitzed, 16 December 2017 - 11:28 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

Hi,

I'm not familiarized with the Synchredible program but maybe my questions will help!

Is the program configured as RunAsService to do the backups automatically?

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 iceblitzed

iceblitzed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

Hi,

I'm not familiarized with the Synchredible program but maybe my questions will help!

Is the program configured as RunAsService to do the backups automatically?

Yes, the program automatically starts when the user is logged in. In addition, it backups the files every 2 hours.

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:45 PM

Yes, the program automatically starts when the user is logged in. In addition, it backups the files every 2 hours.

If the program is running as Service it will do the job even when no one is logged in...

Are you using the free version or the Full version?

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.

___
Rui

#5 iceblitzed

iceblitzed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:57 PM

If the program is running as Service it will do the job even when no one is logged in...

Are you using the free version or the Full version?

I am using the free version

#6 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,083 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:08 PM

I installed the free version, it doesn't run as Service it only runs when a user is logged in so my suspicious about file permissions doesn't apply...

Sorry don't have other ideas about what may be causing the problem!

How about trying to contact the Author of the program?

___
Rui

#7 iceblitzed

iceblitzed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:16 AM

I installed the free version, it doesn't run as Service it only runs when a user is logged in so my suspicious about file permissions doesn't apply...

Sorry don't have other ideas about what may be causing the problem!

How about trying to contact the Author of the program?

Ok, I'll try contacting the author. Thanks for the help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users