Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Good software to detect hardware problems and why the results are like a differe

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ronin63

Ronin63

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:49 AM

Hey everyone!!

There wasn't enough space in the topic title to sum up my problem. I just bought a new laptop,,and its painfully slow( i know...everyone says that),,but,,,my god,,if i create a new folder,and try to name it,,it freezes,,or says,,"not responding",,i was trying to watch a low resolution video file , just now,,(Lynda instructional) and the video would get blurry,,so its not just a graphics issue,,just something is slowing the thing down,,and i'd like to return it, but without a idea of whats slowing it down,,it might get ignored by the service department.

Ideally,,i though,,,a good software, that can detect hardware problems would be the best idea,,though,,anything i've tried,,like process explorer, but,,when i see the printout,,,or the results,,it looks like another foreign language to me,,(yeah,,i'm no techie)  but i wish i could identify the problem.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?  Thank you all!!Attached File  my pc.jpg   46.53KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:15 AM

First, I would return it either for an exchange or a refund. Anything you purchase should work perfectly out of the box. Why should you purchase a new laptop and then take it in for repairs immediately? Most retail business have a certain amount of days that you can return faulty merchandise for a refund. Do not let that time lapse; if the problem is serious and the new merchandise return period expires you will have to deal with the manufacturer, and trust me, you don't want to have that experience.

,a good software, that can detect hardware problems would be the best idea

There is no single software that can detect all problems; troubleshooting is done first by knowledge/experience, and then a variety of different software programs that will test different parts of the computer. It can take time and a lot of patience. You start by eliminating different components 1x1 which eventually leads you to the cause. Again, this all takes time, and if your return period expires the store where you purchased it "won't know you".

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

+1 :thumbup2:  Return it.  You didn't intend to purchase a computer with a problem, this now should be the seller's problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users