Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue regarding mouse cursor being very 'slippery'/inaccurate, need help!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 olly29

olly29

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 07:33 AM

Hey guys,
For about the last 2 months or so I've been getting a strange issue with my mouse cursor where it feels very inaccurate/jittery, almost as if it is on ice or something. I spend a lot of time on games, namely Dota 2 and CS:GO and it drastically effects my performance to the point where I cannot really play at all.
It's really starting to bother me as I cannot determine what the issue would be and have tried multiple things to troubleshoot it. It occurs both on the desktop and in-game, but in-game is where I feel it most as accuracy is a lot more valuable there (lol).

So far I have
-Used multiple mice on my computer and they all experience the same issue, I have also used the mice on a different computer and do NOT experience the issue. Also tried different mouse pads with no results.

-Messed around with DPI and mouse acceleration, and every other mouse setting there is in windows 10

-Reinstalled GPU and mouse drivers, and kept them updated

-Disabled Game DVR and Xbox application in windows 10

Then about a month ago I bought new parts for my PC (I was due to upgrade it) everything EXCEPT a new GPU and monitor. After this I still experience the issue.
This is my current set up:

-Mobo: Asus Z270G Gaming Motherboard

-CPU: Intel core i7-7700

-Memory: Corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 2x8 2400mhz RAM

-PSU: Seasonic X-650

-GPU: Nvidia GTX 970

-Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

-Mousepad: Steelseries QcK+

-Monitor: Samsung S24D390 60Hz

I plan on upgrading my GPU and monitor within the next 2 weeks to possibly a 1070/1080 and a 1080p 144hz monitor. I am not sure however that this will fix the issue?
I was wondering if anyone knew anything that could possibly have this effect on the mouse cursor for both hardware and software? I have found very little information on it online, but came across one thread that mentioned it could maybe be due to electricity (as in grounding/popwerpoint etc). Would love to hear what you guys think! 
Thanks~

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 788 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 PM

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

what surface are you using the mouse on?   it's probably a IR mouse, red or blue light that shoots at the desk right?

red lights don't work good on brown and red surfaces, and blue not with blue surfaces.   try taking a white piece of paper and placing it under the mouse and see if your problem goes away.

if it does then it's the surface your using the mouse on.

#3 olly29

olly29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

what surface are you using the mouse on?   it's probably a IR mouse, red or blue light that shoots at the desk right?

red lights don't work good on brown and red surfaces, and blue not with blue surfaces.   try taking a white piece of paper and placing it under the mouse and see if your problem goes away.

if it does then it's the surface your using the mouse on.

Im using an optical mouse (Steelseries Sensei 310) with a Steelseries QcK+ mousepad which is a solid black colour, quite a popular mousepad. As I said i've used multiple mice on mutiple mousepads with no results.

#4 charlzden

charlzden

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:13 AM

You might need to update the driver of your Nvidia.

#5 olly29

olly29
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:20 PM

You might need to update the driver of your Nvidia.

Hi, I've stated in my post that I've already done that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users