Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to extract files off phone with a non-working screen?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 emtak

emtak

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:53 AM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 02:32 AM

So I recently dropped my phone (Oneplus One) and the screen cracked in a way where it no longer recognises touch what so ever (but it still displays everything). I want to extract files off the phone (contacts, photos, etc) without having to pay for a full screen replacement. Is there a way to do this?

(I've already tried connecting my OPO to my laptop via a USB cable, but the current settings only recognise the cable as a charging cable and so doesn't allow for file transfer. Obviously, I cant change the settings on the phone either since the screen is no longer responsive)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mrpete

mrpete

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:53 PM

Posted 16 December 2017 - 08:55 PM

What you would really like to do it get a Bluetooth mouse paired up with the phone, but I do not see how you can do that without getting the touchscreen to work at least a little bit first.

If possible try to find the dissassembly instructions for your phone and see if you can open the thing up and giggle something so that the touchscreen at least partly operates. Then pair up a Bluetooth mouse with it.

This is not going to be easy ...

#3 poread

poread

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:55 AM

Try coolmuster broken android data extractor to help you extact data contacts, photos, etc from your broken screen Oneplus One. Usually, it can helps us access data on a broken screen or dead android phone, extract them out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users