to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
My name is Oh My!
and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.
- First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
- Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.
- If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
- When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.
- I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.
Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.
Thank you for your patience thus far.
Please attempt to do this. If unsuccessful let me know if you have a Windows installation disk and what operating system is on your computer.
===================================================Farbar's Recovery Scan Tool in Recovery Environment - Windows 10/8 with Recovery Partition
- From a clean computer download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool for either 64 bit or 32 bit computers and save it to a USB drive. If you are unsure which version you need download both versions. Please note the size of the USB drive, i.e. 8 GB, etc.
- Remove the USB device and insert it into the compromised computer
- Start the compromised computer then and after 5-10 seconds hold down the power button until the computer shuts down. Do this step twice
- Restart the computer and you should then see Preparing Automatic Repair, Diagnosing your PC, then Advanced options
- Note: if this step is unsuccessful attempt it again and if unsuccessful stop and let me know
- Select Advanced options
- Select Troubleshoot
- Select Advanced options
- Select Command Prompt
- In the command window type in Notepad and press Enter
- Click This PC on the left hand side
- Double click on the USB device (if unsure look for the size, i.e. 8 GB)
- Under Files of type: click the down arrow then select All files
- Right click on the appropriate FRST version for your computer, either FRST64 or FRST, and select Run as administrator
- Click Yes to the disclaimer that may appear
- Click the Scan button
- When completed a FRST.txt document will be created on the flash drive
- Copy and paste the contents of the report in your reply
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste
the information rather than send an attachment.