Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to speed up latency. Work assignment accepting app.Has anyone used OpenDNS?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 chrisarnt

chrisarnt

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

I have an application that accepts broadcasted work assignments for me.

I used to dominate. 

Recently, I keep getting beat out. 

I have a dedicated laptop with a hardwired internet connection. I use a normal, new cat 5 e cable. 

The laptop is a dell Latitude E5510 with plenty of ram and a I-5 processor and SSD

Running window 7 pro. 

I have no antivirus, no firewall. 

I use anti-captcha.com for solving. 

I run nothing else on this comp. No web browsing except that the app opens the assignment acceptance page. 

The app is located in a folder on my desktop. (if that makes any difference)

I have chrome open with no address so it is already open. I have all accelerators, protections and assists turned off, chrome is set to run on high priority from task manager settings. 

I run the app on "High Priority" and as administrator. 

As it stands now my internet speed, ping upload, download, All very fast. 

Download is 50-80mbps upload 15-30

Latency 40ms - 220 ms.  (which is weird because the latency on my wifi connected laptop is a consistent 20-24ms)

Other than what I just typed above.(Any mistakes I am making?)

This link describes using OpenDNS instead of what windows normally uses.

Would this work? Does it work? 

https://fossbytes.com/simple-dns-hack-to-get-faster-internet-speed/

Edited by chrisarnt, 15 December 2017 - 12:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users