Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Icon Background is Red

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 LittleGreenDots

LittleGreenDots

• Members
  • 443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 AM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:25 AM

Windows 7, 64 bit.

I have been experiencing unusual problems on my laptop for some time now.  I recently ran it through a series of malware detection tests and it came back clean.  I also had the computer in the shop two weeks ago and all the hardware checks out.

I use Firefox and have the latest version.  Recently I logged into Yahoo/Flickr, did some activity, and logged out.  An hour later I logged back in but my password did not take, the same password.  It is about forty characters of random letters, numbers and symbols, and I had just changed it a few weeks before.  Somewhere in trying to login, a screen popped up with a link that seemed to be challenging my password.  I have a screen capture of the link but am unable to upload the jpg.

Twice yesterday when I was logging into Flickr, a "Bad Panda" screen popped up, indicating server errors.  Then when I refresh the page, I am into my account.

I've experienced a lot of difficulty logging into Flickr lately, getting a "Bad Panda" screen (notifying me there is an issue and Flickr is aware of the problem) and then when I refresh the page, I'm into my Flickr account.  I also got a "502 Bad Gateway - nginx/1.7.6" screen.

A few days ago I installed a program called Glasswire, which documents any internet activity from my computer.  I was hoping to find suspicious activities, but lacking technical knowledge, I don't know what to look for.  However, this morning upon booting up, the first two activities noted were the removal of two items, Microsoft ISATAP adaptor and MBAMSwissarmyknife.  It struck me as odd that these would be removed at startup.

And I found this odd...my Firefox icon in the quick launch bar at the bottom of my screen has a red background when I hover the mouse over it.  I had a friend check his computer and his turned a different shade of gray.  I doubt this is normal.

About ten days ago, I was totally unable to send email (Yahoo) or upload photos to Flickr.

Yesterday while writing email in Protonmail, a message popped up stating that it could not connect to the server.  And a few months ago while in Protonmail, my screen suddenly changed to a state where the text area was boxed off and I was able to add text, and the rest of the screen was a hazy whitish color and I could not access the buttons. 

I am using the wi-fi from my office.  The building owner grants me that privilege.

Am I infected?

Edited by LittleGreenDots, 15 December 2017 - 09:34 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users