Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for PDF Embedding software given the circumstances

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SmokeEaterPilot

SmokeEaterPilot

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:43 PM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum and I'm not very tech savy. So if this is the wrong category I apologize.

I'm new to this forum and I recently started building a website to host the data I want to make available for my business.

I own a archival research business which specializes in digitizing small arms and military records from the national archives from the first half of the 20th century.

However, I've ran into a serious issue with the software I've been trying to use and looking for some advice.

I take pictures of documents to digitize them as I find them at the national archives and convert them into PDFs which I plan on uploading to my website.

The model I have been trying to use is a PDF Secure Embedder which prevents people from printing or downloading. The concept is I don't want people to be able to simply download everything in an hour and leave. I keep subscription costs low to keep expectations down as well. I'm trying to keep it so people have to keep coming back.

The problem with the PDF embedder is that some of these PDFs can be anywhere from 200 - 500 pages. So they're very large. With the PDF Embedder it seems to try and upload all the files at once.

Is there a way to have a PDF embedder be like an icon, and users can pick and choose which PDF file they want to view (one at a time) by clicking it while still having the limitations of a PDF Embedder secure (no downloading, no printing, etc)?

This concept can build into dozens of PDFs with thousands of pages rapidly, if this goes the way I hope it does. By uploading all PDFs at once I can see will be slow or crash the website.

Thanks for the help, this has been a steep learning curve for me.

Edited by hamluis, 15 December 2017 - 09:26 AM.
Moved from All Other Apps to Web Site Development - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:40 PM

If I can view it, I can capture it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users