Welcome to BC....
If you were watching closely the files, programs...such as email and browsers...you should know what the criminal was
spending time looking at that could cause more harm...like passwords and user names.
Other than that...you removed the remote access software and you didn't give your credit card number, Paypal account info or similar
info. So, it is likely no harm was done. I would be wary of visiting that resume site again as it could be compromised by a hacker or intentionally
participating in the scam.
I suggest you run the programs below to clean, remove adware and remove malware. I suggest that you install an ad blocker such
as Adblock Plus in your browsers if you don't already have one installed.
Adblock Plus - Chrome Web Store Adblock Plus :: Add-ons for Firefox
Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of Google Chrome and Avast.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download
Malwarebytes - Clean Mode
- Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point
- Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update its database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so
- Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan
- Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs
- Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button
- If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so
- Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply
If you are unable to run a scan using MBAM:
Follow the instructions in the thread below. Make sure to download the MBAR linked in it. Let me know if you're not able to launch it and run a scan.
Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop. (compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10)
- Close all open programs and internet browsers.
- Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
- Click on Scan button.
- When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
- Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
- You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
Download and run the FREE online scanner from Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET | ESET
- Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
- Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click Start to begin scanning.
- ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
- When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
- Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
- Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.
Edited by buddy215, 15 December 2017 - 07:03 AM.