Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 10 Pro infinity boot loop.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Orange wig

Orange wig

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:14 PM

Hello,

I have been trying to deal with this problem for quite some time and I have finally reached the end of my rope.  Please help!

I have an AMD machine with Windows 10 Pro Build 10240.

As soon as the OS tries to update the computer goes into a never ending boot loop.  I login with the correct password and the computer just restarts and brings me right back to the login screen.  My only option has been to return to a previous version... which I have been doing.. short term fix and mildly annoying.

I have tried to stop the computer from updating... again short term fix.. which has been a major failure.  This crazy OS just will not let you not update it.  Which is a great idea... until the update messes the machine up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance. :thumbup2:

Orange Wig.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:59 AM

You could try this until someone more knowledgable replies.

C/O - John_C from Bleeping.

Since this is a boot loop, see if the following works. It has worked on Windows 8 so hopefully it works on 10.

1. Hold the Power Button for 5 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
  2. Press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
  3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
  4. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.
  5. Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
  6. Click Advanced Options, and then select Troubleshoot.
  7. Select Refresh your PC if you do not wish to erase data, { IGNORE THIS ONE } >  or Reset your PC to erase all data and restore the system }
  8. Follow the onscreen instructions to complete recovery.

You need to get to the Advanced Options in order to get the Refresh Option. This will keep your data but any programs installed will be lost. Do not do a Reset as that will wipe everything. 

#3 Orange wig

Orange wig
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

Normally I would try this option. 

But, this computer is my now deceased brother-in-laws gaming rig.  I am trying to keep the entire computer as it was when he passed if at all possible. 

I am not really sure why, other than I kind of feel a part of him is still here while navigating the same programs and backgrounds that he once did. :rip:

Thanks again.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:49 AM

There's 2 possibilities here:

- hardware

- software

If it's hardware, you'll have to fix the part in order to fix the system

If it's software, you can make an image of the drive - so that you can restore the system to the state it was in when you made the image.

For more info on imaging, try the Backup forum here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/238/backup-imaging-and-disk-management-software/

You can try these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Please run ALL of the tests and let us know the results.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users