Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Debate Against and For Net Neutrality

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 brettjohnson

brettjohnson

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:28 PM

Finally, The FCC repealed the Net Neutrality. Take a look at the Debate Against and For Net Neutrality.

Edited by hamluis, 14 December 2017 - 03:24 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing to Gen Chat - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

Quote: Net Neutrality is the key to freedom and fair competition on the internet, and its repeal would not only result in irreparable damage to consumers, but also everyone in almost every industry. The debate against Net Neutrality and for Net Neutrality will continue as time passes, but we just might not have enough time to actually do something about it

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

@SuperSapien64 #2

Can you supply a source for that quote ?

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 14 December 2017 - 07:51 PM.

I am going to be away until about the 22nd October. Time on-line will be reduced and my internet access may be limited. PMs may not be replied to as quickly as normal !

#4 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 984 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 AM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

@SuperSapien64 #2

Can you supply a source for that quote ?

Chris Cosgrove

From the link brettjohnson left, under Final Words.

#5 brettjohnson

brettjohnson
  • Topic Starter

• Banned Spammer
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 PM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:52 AM

2 million fake comments identified on #netneutrality that were submitted to the @FCC using the stolen identities of Americans across the country. 
Eric Schneiderman on Twitter

Comcast is no longer promised to:

-Not throttle back the speed at which content comes to you
-Not prioritize Internet traffic or create paid fast lanes
-Make internet accessible to low income families
Jon Henshaw on Twitter

#6 Clade

Clade

• Members
  • 183 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 AM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

Sorry for my english. . .Português Brazil is my official language.

Impressive is that a country  that seeks to be the champion of democracy, a commission of 5 people, decides for something as relevant as the neutral internet. For the relevance of the subject, would not the national congress be the most appropriate forum? Of course, in this life, there is no perfect solution, but I do not have the perception or I am convinced, that this attitude has the main objective, the public interest.

I get daily USA site material for IT and, except for the last few days, I have rarely noticed pages about net neutrality.

Here in Brazil, in the wake of this net neutrality issue in the USA, telecommunications companies that control the Internet have already begun to move in order to change the 2014 law, Internet, where it confirmed the net neutrality. In 2015, they made moves to change that law. They just could not, due to popular mobilization. Now, with that definition in the USA, they will want to justify that they are right.

Maybe in the USA it does not have the impact it would certainly have in Brazil, where approximately 35% of the population, 70 million people, do not have access to the internet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users