Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System cant see keyboard wired or wireless error 19?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MARDYSKYWALKER

MARDYSKYWALKER

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

Hi everyone

Its me again with this stupid old work horse of mine. Was getting ready to take all of my documents off my XP machine.

Screen booted up went to my user to type in password and keyboard did nothing and locked the mouse.

Tried various things hubby took the back off and gave it a damn good clean ...just incase!......

Booted into safe mode still no joy.

Did a system restore it couldn't do a restore

Checked the drivers cant load the drivers for the keyboard code 19 error?

Im really more bothered about getting my music and photos out of my account than anything....Lots of card making files etc in it that if I lose I cant get them back.

At a loss of what to do now.....Have run a disk clean up, couldn't run a fix and right now I have a defrag running hoping something might just jump back into place.

I've got a wireless mouse that is working but the keyboard again its not being seen and gives me same error message.

Any help i would be great full for .

Many Thanks

Marie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:22 AM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:09 AM

If you all you need to do is pull your documents from the computer it can be done with a live linux disk. You would need another computer to burn a CD. Let me know and I can provide a link to a guide. The live linux disk would boot and you should have your keyboard and mouse available to transfer files to a USB external drive. Linux will run from RAM and the CD. It will not touch the Hard drive, only the fact you would be copying the files to another device.

Edited by JohnC_21, 14 December 2017 - 10:10 AM.

#3 MARDYSKYWALKER

MARDYSKYWALKER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:13 AM

If you all you need to do is pull your documents from the computer it can be done with a live linux disk. You would need another computer to burn a CD. Let me know and I can provide a link to a guide. The live linux disk would boot and you should have your keyboard and mouse available to transfer files to a USB external drive. Linux will run from RAM and the CD. It will not touch the Hard drive, only the fact you would be copying the files to another device.

Even without me getting to put my password in?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,289 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

Yes, linux doesn't care about Windows or passwords. It's linux, another OS.

#5 MARDYSKYWALKER

MARDYSKYWALKER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:26 AM

Ok how does it work? Im not completely dumb with computers but I dont want to go and screw it up even more than it is?

:hysterical:

Edited by MARDYSKYWALKER, 14 December 2017 - 10:27 AM.

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,289 posts
  •  

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:31 AM

Download Parted Magic here. This is an iso file you can burn to a CD. On any Windows 7 or later computer right click the iso file and select Burn Disk Image.

Once the CD is burned follow the below guide regarding mounting your HDD in order to copy the files to a USB external drive. You want to copy the files, not move.

https://fixit.litten.com/linuxfilecopy.html

#7 MARDYSKYWALKER

MARDYSKYWALKER
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

Have downloaded parted magic to disc. Do i now have to copy the files to the same disc to use as a boot disc? xxx

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,289 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

No, you do not copy files to the same disk. You would boot Parted Magic. After you get to the Parted Magic desktop attach a USB flash drive or USB external drive. You would then mount your HDD and USB flash or External drive per the guide. You can then copy and paste between your hard drive and the USB drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users