Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DOS FTP Help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Karliczyniak

Karliczyniak

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 05:40 AM

Hi Everyone,

First post, take it easy on me :).

So, I have a large amount of files that I have uploaded into an FTP server I host. These files have all been exported into folders etc.

To check all these files and folders are correct by clicking into each folder and making sure everything is fine would take ages, so I thought DOS FTP might be easier.

What I want to do, is somehow write a script of some kind that;

- counts the amount of directories

- counts the amount of files in each directory

- provides some visual report or representation at the end of the check to confirm the amount of files and directories checked.

Is this somehow possible?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

It'd be a whole heck of a lot easier to simply use Core FTP LE (free)

#3 Karliczyniak

Karliczyniak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:33 AM

HI there SpywareDoc,

Thanks for that, and yes, I can obtain the file sizes and amount here. But it only shows how many folders there are in one view and how many files are in that folder once I GO INTO the folder.

There doesn't appear to be a view which can show me (example: 857 folders, 386,0156 files total).

One further question - which is seemingly much harder:

A part of my job requires some QA on alot of files and folders that are exported from a database.

I would need to write a script that checked all the files and folders to make sure that no data is currupt. for example;

857 folders, 386,0156 files total - how many of these files report size = 0kb (currupt files).

So, I want something that I can enter these parameters into to check the files from the export are not damaged.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users