Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Double Router Fowarding/ USB modem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Blucustom

Blucustom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:05 PM

hello all,

I have a problem accessing my IP camera through my home network, remotely.  I can access it locally.  My setup is R1 connects to R2 through usb.  I can access internet through R2

but not some service ex xbox, ip camera.  Im wondering if you can help me open port 8080. also getting error with 2 external IPs, shouldn't I aim for 1?

R1 = Novatel Mifi 6620L

R2 = Peplink Surf SOHO

heres how its connected:

external ip [Mifi] 192.168.1.1 > < 192.168.1.2 [SOHO] 10.0.0.2 > < 10.0.0.4 [IP camera]

does anyone have experience in the Peplink or Mifi? thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Replicator

Replicator

• Members
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

Hi Blucustom, lets try and rule out an IP address conflict first.

Can you find the camera's MAC address (its usually printed somewhere on the camera or the housing) and should look something like 00-24-2d-8a-e8-fd or similar.

Reboot the camera (pwr down, wait 20sec, pwr up).

Open a command prompt on your windows machine and type arp -a (notice the space before -a) and post a screenshot of it here for me.

Can you locate the IP address associated with this MAC (physical) address? 

If so, can you ping this IP address for me using the command prompt again (ping 192.168.x.x) and post a screenshot of the results.

Ofcourse, replace 192.168.x.x  in the above cmd's, with the IP address that you discover is listed next to the camera's MAC addy.

Rep

Edited by Replicator, 13 December 2017 - 11:01 PM.

The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear!
CEH, CISSP @ WhiteHat Computers Pty Ltd

#3 Blucustom

Blucustom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:44 AM

yes i found its mac and yes its the same mac address. As I said before I can ping it locally. just not from router 1. 

(10.0.0.4) and its actually a converted android phone using an app

Attached File  arp -a.PNG   38.17KB   0 downloadsAttached File  ping.PNG   21.54KB   0 downloads

my mifi rebooted serveral times last night. now i can log into it the gui through routers 2 network. ionstead of switching between networks now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users