Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

latest NVIDIA drivers stop Windows to start normal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jalilah

Jalilah

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:05 PM

Hello =) 

First of all, thank you so much in advance for reading and any possible help or suggestions to my problem.

My PC has been running fine until last night. After a crash, I tried a normal restart. But as soon as the *loading windows* sign appears, everything turns and remains black. 

I can since, only run my PC in safety mode. I have figured out that when I remove the graphic card from the Devise Manager, I am able to boot up my PC normal again and run windows 7 again smoothly. 

The issue is, whenever I try to install NVIDIA drivers again, the PC wont boot up, the same issue will occur again with a  black screen&only safety mode. If I use an older driver, windows will boot up, but then my Graphic-software (I need for work) wont run and tells me to *update my NVIDIA* drivers. 

I am a bit at the end with ideas of what it could be or how to bypass those issues. I find it odd that until last night, the latest NVIDIA drivers did run on my machine, till the crash happened. So perhaps it is something else?

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you 

Jal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mightywiz

mightywiz

• Members
  • 841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

give us your computer spec's, motherboard model, graphics card model, ram, HDD sizes

that gives an idea how to help you.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:51 AM

Open the Device Manager, scroll down to Display drivers and click on the chevron to the left to expand the contents.

Double click you the NVIDIA display adapter to open the options.

Click on Diver, then select Update driver.

Please do the following in Safe Mode.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

LUDoziL.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

speccy2.png

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy3.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users