Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yo, I am Maddog_56 because my name was already taken.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Maddog_56

Maddog_56

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

Frankly I am new to this kind of thing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 PM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

MD56.  I spent a few hours deciding what I would use as a user name, back when dial up was the only access to the web.  Picking a unique user name can come by accident or even inspiration.  Initials, important dates, animal names or locations can help create easy to remember and quite personal user names that can be used in every site you choose to join, that can make it easier and even fun.

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,423 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:53 PM

Welcome to BC !

Don't let it worry you, you will soon get the hang of it. If you have a problem or question just start a topic in what you think is the most relevant forum section, if you can offer help to someone, write a post. And nobody will bite your head off !

Chris Cosgrove

#4 OleNoobi

OleNoobi

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

Maddog_56,

This is a great forum.  I've been looking stuff up here for years.  Finally joined as member today.  Seems like the folks are very nice.

If you need help with something just follow the rules for posting and someone seems to reply quickly.....and seems to me like there is little to no "bad" advice.  In other words, the moderators keep up with the posts and step in to correct neophyte "information".

Good Luck,

OleNobbi   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users