Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 "windows nt" folder?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 t1t2t3

t1t2t3

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

I discovered a "windows nt" on my Windows 10 Program Files(x86) folder. Empty "temp" folder in c: folder.  "internet explorer" floder in Program Files folder. Any clues as to what's the issue? Please let me know? Thanks.

Edited by t1t2t3, 13 December 2017 - 01:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jenae

jenae

• Members
  • 721 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:13 PM

Hi, well the temp folder is empty, so no need to do anything there. The others "internet explorer" and "windows nt" are normal, they are part of the win 10 OS, why does this concern you? Are you having problems with your computer?

#3 Who?

Who?

• Members
  • 116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:25 PM

i think the windows nt folder with wordpad inside it is from the large update that just happened for windows 10 i have it too

edit: according to the folder its been around since september 30th strange since i never created this folder

Edited by Who?, 14 December 2017 - 01:02 AM.

#4 t1t2t3

t1t2t3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

Please see attachment. 

Again, I am not able to pinpoint the issue as I am not a malware/rootkit guru. 

I was referred here from a different forum (https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/664867/offline-and-online-rookitmalware-in-windows-10/?view=getnewpost) and I was able to remove something and only temporarily from Windows OS. The issues continue to persist. 

***I have already tried all popular anti-virus/anti-malware applications (to name a few: Avira, Malwarebytes, AVG, AdwCleaner, RogueKiller, esetonline) and none detected anything.***

Behaviors I have noticed is changes in router settings even after resetting the gateway, removing email accounts that were previously compromised, clean installing ( downloaded iso from microsoft official website and burned it to dvd), 2-4 dllhost.exe processes disappear in task manager when mouse specifically moves over the items and when there are no applications running. On this website as I am typing my keyboard caps lock was off and the words started to type in all caps. When I was typing in Google Docs - characters were being "overlapped" when typing. Just yesterday, I was typing in the other forum and I was not able to type with spaces. I can be absolutely certain that my keyboard is working fine when offline using microsoft office suite for example.

Please let me know as I would like closure to this continuous years of issue. I want to know if my computer is compromised and not simply a temporary issue?

Attached Files

Edited by t1t2t3, 13 December 2017 - 09:59 PM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users