Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help Make My Life Easier!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shiday

shiday

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:11 AM

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:53 AM

Ok… here is my scenario….

I have a list of about 400-500 addresses that are from a sheriff sale for homes..

They send the list in excel format with all of the street names, addresses, city, state, etc.

I need to find an easy way of importing these addresses into a mapping program so I can plan out a route for visiting the homes.

I have heard of others in my situation that have inputted the info into a program and it marks the spots on a map and they can print the maps out for easy reference…

Can anyone please help??? We currently have to spend 4-5 days going address by address and marking them on a map….it is VERY TEDIOUS……

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 26 September 2006 - 12:09 PM

It's not cheap, thats for sure. But what you seem to be looking for is something along the lines of a product called Maptitude, by Caliper Corporation.

Take a look here and see if this is what kind of item, you are looking for: http://www.caliper.com/maptovu.htm

Be (X and Y coordinate) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 KatyT

KatyT

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 18 October 2006 - 07:27 PM

I use Microsoft Mappoint. Not sure as to the cost, but it's pretty straightforward..

#4 garnetwr

garnetwr

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 06 November 2006 - 03:46 PM

I also use Microsoft MapPoint and it is VERY easy to import Excel files.
I've seen it online between $70 and a ridiculously priced $300.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users